Grammy and G-daddy arrived from Dyersburg to share the occasion with our hometown crowd. Ashley, Jaden and Lane could not make it, but gifted Jacob a beautiful smocked outfit that was perfect for the big day.
Jacob, Grammy, G-daddy and Brandon all rode in one car. Godfather Paul drove separately. Babcia and Dziadzio rounded out the car parade from our house. I just barely made it into Babcia and Dziadzio's car before they left (no one told them that I was supposed to ride with them and as a result I was left standing in the house as I heard all the cars pull away and the garage door lower). I had a Molly Ringwald (Sixteen Candles) moment. You better believe everyone made sure I got into a car for the drive home from the church.
Everyone was in good spirits upon arrival at the church and Brandon acted as the impromptu hair dresser while Uncle Gary played the role of security to keep all the adoring fans at bay.
Father Mark did a wonderful job with the Baptism and Jacob was a great sport about getting water poured on his head three times. I had a firm grip on his leg just in case! Thankfully, Godmother Melissa is a lifeguard!
Godfather Paul and Godmother Melissa are wonderful role models and we know they will help guide our boy in the Catholic faith.
Notice how pale Melissa looks next to Jacob's sun kissed skin!
We were joined at church by our photogenic family and the party continued at our home. Babcia made enough delicious food to feed an army. This was a very special day and we are so blessed to be able to share it with such a large and loving extended family!

No comments:
Post a Comment